Friday, August 11, 2006

Jenn's alive and well...

Jenn's knee surgery was yesterday and she's doing well.

She had to be at the hospital by 7:30 a.m. Her lateral meniscus surgery was to be at 9:30. Her doctor (Dr. Barba) was 45 minutes late; therefore, she didn't leave the prep room until 10:30 a.m.

By the time I left the room, dropped the newspapers off at my truck, went to the bathroom, asked the receptionist where I needed to be, got to the waiting, was told I was in the wrong waiting, moved to the right waiting room, put on my headphones, Dr. Barba was out to tell me how her surgery went. It literally lasted about 20-25 minutes.

So, here's the low-down... her tear was worse than expected and her knee-cap had a dent that needed to be shaved down. Other than that, her surgery went as expected.

For those of you interested, here's a link to what her surgery looks like...




Pretty cool, eh?

As the video explains, Jennifer only has two little holes (not three) that are covered by two band-aids. Her ACE bandages that covered her leg came off today.

Anywho, when she's sitting or not using her leg/knee, she feels fine. When she is on or using her right leg/knee, she needs her walker for assistance. And let me tell you that is a sight! The moaning and groaning is fun to listen to. I now know what my future has in store. God help me!


Thanks to our neighbors who brought us a DELICIOUS dinner last night and to our friends at the Rockford Register Star for sending her a cookie bouquet today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Nancee and Karen can cook! Glad Jenn is feeling better! Let's bike soon! Nanc