Saturday, July 02, 2011

The winds of change are a blowin'

June was a very crazy month.

Jennifer turned 41. It was my first father's day. My mom came to visit. Ella turned 2. And, Gannett eliminated my position at the paper.

Life changes, and changes fast which is even more of a reason to stop and smell the roses.

Ella seems to just grow and grow. Not only in size but in maturity also. This past month or so, she has just been more fun than normal. She is very giddy, smiley and giggly.

My mom flew in for Ella's birthday, which Ella was so excited about. She talks about mamaw a lot. On her actual birthday, we went to Potters Park Zoo in the morning. Came home, ate lunch and then Ella went down for a nap. Once she woke, that's when we opened her presents. She got a bicycle, dollhouse, sand/water table, a recliner and so much more. Jenn had decorated the house with balloons and Ella LOVED them.

Here are some pictures from her day:



Yesterday, Ella's school (EC3) had a little parade for the 100+ kids for the Fourth of July. Ella waived the American flag the entire time around the block. It was hilarious.

Today, we went to Saugatuck before Mamaw leaves for home. We enjoyed the ArtFest and walking around downtown. After that, we went to Oval Beach where Ella had a BLAST in the sand and water. She didn't want to get out! Jennifer said, and I quote, "I think Ella needs to live somewhere on the water." So, I am putting it in writing for when I want to buy a house on a lake or something so she will never forget!

Below are some photos from the past month!

No comments: