Friday, July 27, 2007

Michiganian, I am...

It's official! I can now add Michiganian to my resume!

From a Hoosier to New Yorker to Illinoisian to Michiganian, I have certainly gotten around!

No matter where you move, there is a certain point that you become one of them. It's something we've always said we won't do... but we always do. Today was my day.

I was traveling to Port Huron, MI today for a routine visit... talk about advertising, online content, etc. Then I got the opportunity to go to BolognaFest in Yale, MI. How could I have turned that up? BolognaFest?

Just the name took me back to my childhood. I remember having bologna sandwiches and fried bologna sandwiches practically every day. My mother said it was my grandmother who always made us eat bologna. Whatever the case... it was certainly a staple in my household.

So the ad managers decided to take me to the festival today for my childhood treat... and, treat it was! It had to be the best fried bologna sandwich I've ever had. Yale Bologna. I highly recommend it.

I was so excited about this that I was given the honor to wear the BolognaFest King crown. Yes, there's a crown. Apparently, the King and Queen are named for raising the most money to help fund the festival. For your viewing pleasure, I leave you with the photo.

In case you're wondering... it's a ring of bologna that's on the crown.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is rather entertaining........I will have to check it out from time to time. I must say you look exceedingly handsome with that big ole turd on your head!