Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Holy crap... is it really time?

We started our paper chase in October 2005.

Our official log-in date with CCAA was April 2006.

From 2006 to 2010, we've done nothing but wait and update forms and wait and update
our finger prints and wait and moved to a new state and wait.

It is now April 2010 and we will, hopefully, receive our referral next month. NEXT MONTH! Our assumption will be Monday, May 3, to be exact. Recently, referrals have come out on the first Monday of the new month.

HOLY CRAP!

It's just odd that four years of waiting is about to come to an end. I mean really!!! I look back over the last six months or so and ask "where did the time go?" Am I serious? WHERE DID THE TIME GO? It's been FOUR FREAKING YEARS! How can I even ask that question?

From the beginning, I wondered what I would feel once we were a few short weeks away from our referral. Well, now I know: I feel excited. I feel scared. I feel anxious. I feel responsible. I feel nervous. I feel sick. I feel happiness. I feel fun. I feel [fill in the blank]. Yes, I have a lot of feelings right now.

So, what have we been doing to keep these feelings under control?

We've been researching... What's the best car seat to buy? What's the best stroller to buy? What's the best crib mattress to buy? What's the best high chair to buy? Of course, we've purchased all those things (except for the high chair... back to square one.)

Now we're focused on the best daycare facility. Should we hire a nanny? Should we send our child to a facility? Should we send our child to an in-home daycare? Well, we really don't know that answer yet. BUT, we are interviewing a place later this week. We hear wonderful things about it... so we'll see!!!

In the meantime... we'll probably be posting a bit more often now that it's getting closer. So, stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kevin I am so glad for you and Jenn! This is so exciting -- I can't wait to see pictures and hear about your adventure. God Bless as you enter an amazing time of your lives!
Love
Ruth