Thursday, August 05, 2010

24 hours of travel and we're still speaking...

Nearly 24 hours after leaving our house this morning, we arrived in our hotel in Kowloon.

So, here's the recap:

-- Car services 30 minutes late. She couldn't find our house and then got turned around. Once we were on the road, she missed the exit to the airport. She was a bit ditzy.

-- Delta. I did not get my first class upgrade I was hoping, but we did get upgraded to preferred seating with a outlet for my electronics. That made life a lot easier. Oh, and we had an entire row to ourselves.

-- Flight. We took off one our later than anticipated, but it was a 16 hour flight. The flight was not nearly as bad as we had thought. We slept quite a bit... probably six-to-eight hours total, but it was interrupted sleep, so we are a bit cranky and tired already. I'm sure this is just a sign of things to come with parenthood.

-- Hong Kong International Airport. WOW... this place is awesome! Tiffany. Burberry. Armani. Prada. Jimmy Choo. If I wasn't so tired, I'm sure we'd still be there. But, we went through Immigration with out any problems. Customs was even easier.

-- Kowloon. Because our hotel shuttle operates on certain hours, we ended up taking the train and a bus to the hotel. Once we got to Kowloon, you would just not believe the amount of stores... EVERYWHERE. Small stores, big stores, just stores everywhere. I am not kidding, there is not an inch of space left unused.

-- Hotel. The Regal Kowloon upgraded us... so the room is really nice.

I think that's it... we're tired so we're going to relax and get to it tomorrow.

2 comments:

Steve and Mellissa said...

Can't wait to hear more.

Kevin and Julie said...

Being a Krape Park fan also I would agree this park takes the cake. It looks like something out of Dr. Suess!.

Glad to know that Jenn was able to get her latte. Once you have Ella and little sleep you will realize that coffee is one thing that is truly necessary in the morning!