Thursday, July 15, 2010

Right here, right now...

Yesterday, we received communication from our caseworker at Lifelink with regards to our "Hotel Reservation Worksheet".

We have organized our preference of hotels and rooms:

When Jennifer and I arrive in Hong Kong, we will book our own hotel... so, that's to come.

But, when we go to Nanchang, we will be staying at the Gloria Grand Hotel. We will be in Nanchang for five nights.

When we head to Guangzhou, we will be staying at the White Swan. We will be in Guangzhou for five nights.

After Guangzhou, we will head back to Hong Kong and stay at the Regal Airport Hotel.

Also, yesterday, we received a letter and receipt in the mail for our renewal of our I-600A. In the letter it states that the current processing times are 3-4 months. Um, our current I-171H (which once the I-600A is approved, we get the I-171H) expires on 8/26/10. Four months later after processing time would put is in October. Somehow, I don't think I want to stay in China until then.

The reason why the delay is because our government is consolidating and centralizing into one office. This took effect on June 28... 10 days after the Michigan office received our paperwork.

So, I've spoken with with USCIS, Senator Stabenow's office and NBC (National Benefits Center). Yeah, it's been a fun day. I hope - HOPE - it's all been straightened out... but we will see. I have to call them tomorrow to speak with Officer Merck to verify the email receipt. GEESH! Once they get our stuff in their system, it shouldn't - SHOULDN'T - be much longer.

But, I did find out a few things today... ISS (International Social Service) is wanting us to travel either August 8-19 or August 15-26. Of course, we will be front-loading a couple days in Hong Kong but we're thrilled that we have an idea.

We are still waiting for the travel invitation. Hopefully, it will come very soon.

For now, we are living in the moment.

1 comment:

grandmarockton said...

so happy you have an idea of (TIME) I'll pray for the earlier dates as I know you want to be there NOW!