Sunday, June 27, 2010

Who wants some cake?

It's been awhile since we posted something, but as you can imagine, we've been very busy! Yes... we've heard from a lot of you about the fact that we haven't updated lately. :~)

We (and by we, I mean Jennifer) were able to get all of our paperwork completed. This includes our travel Visa's and the I600A form that extends our I-171H form which allows us entry back into the States with Ella.

In fact, we've already received our travel Visa's back...



The government did receive the I600A form so we are just waiting for the extension now. Shouldn't be much longer!!!

Last weekend, Jennifer and I celebrated her 40th birthday, father's day and Ella's first birthday in Traverse City, MI. We had a great time shopping, eating and just sitting on the beach. We had a great time just hanging out and lounging around!







And, most importantly, Ella turned one on 6/21. If you recall, we were able to send a birthday care package to her through BlessedKids.com. The package included a teddy bear, blanket, disposable camera, birthday cake, pictures of Jenn and I and a letter from us translated into Chinese, of course.

With this particular package, the toys and stuff are delivered first and once the delivery confirmation comes through, the birthday cake is delivered a couple days later. We were so excited when we learned the toys and such were delivered on 6/19 and her birthday cake was delivered ON her actual birthday of 6/21! VERY COOL!

When Adele from BlessedKids.com emailed us to let us know, she said she had eight other photos to share with us... so, click the photo below to view all eight of them!

HOW EXCITING IS MY CAKE?



I CAN HANDLE THAT!


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, sugar!


HEY! It's my cake. That's okay, there's plenty to go around.


I think I'm going to be sick, now.


I don't really know what to say...


Me and my little buddy enjoying a sugar coma.


So, the next big question is when do we travel? Well, we wish we knew! We SHOULD (emphasis) receive our TA (travel assignment) within the next week or two. The TA comes from ISS (International Social Service).

1 comment:

Steve and Mellissa said...

I can't see all the pictures.